I made a playlist designed to help transition your nervous system from sad/anxious/grumpy to peaceful and then cheerful.
Does it work for you? Please test it out and let me know how you like it!
1. Set aside 45 minutes.
2. Cue this mood music playlist on Spotify. Make sure the shuffle option is set to disabled.
3. Begin sitting or lying down, with your eyes closed. The first tracks are very meditative and calming, designed to settle you right down.
4. As the music shifts up a gear into more of an awakened feeling, allow your body to move as it chooses. Don’t think, just feel and move instinctively. Dance, if you like.
5. Get up when or if it feels natural to do so.
6. As the music steps up again into the cheerful songs, dance or sing if the mood takes you.
Note that if you are dealing with a truly dreadful situation, going all the way to the cheerful tracks may not feel authentic or comfortable. In that case, stop after the calming or awakening tracks, or wherever feels right.
However, if your mood today is just low, anxious or irritable, even though the people you care about are well and you have a roof over your head and food in your belly (so life is alright really), take it all the way!
Let me know how you go 🙂